How to identify an original 18w bluesbreaker.

Hosted by Marshall Founding Father G3SDW. Discuss JTM45, JTM50, JTM100, Bluesbreaker, Super Lead, Super Bass, 200W, 100W, 50W, 20W, Plexi Panels, Metal Panels, 4x12 straight, 4x12 slant, Pinstripe, Basketweave, Checkerboard, Park, Kitchen-Marshall and Narb

Re: How to identify an original 18w bluesbreaker.

Postby silverface82 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Ok,
It seems most of us have gotten way off track once again...including myself.
The reason the forum is here is to help other people.
It is not really about making a lot of money or being the big deal.
I am tired of explaining what I have learned from cross-referencing pictures.
It is time that all of you that really want to learn anything do your own research and draw your own conclusions.
If you think you can walk all over people you can't!
This information will surface sooner or later.
My intensions are not to deceive anyone!
If I really wanted to sell something for the most money the fastest I would either not include so much information or restore some parts!
Besides if I sold my amps I would not have anything to talk about as I typically am a very antisocial person.
Instead of trying to hide everything I highly recommend everyone post there amps in pictures everywhere so there is more exposure and less grey area. Like I said earlier all this information will surface you might as well just let it happen, because it is what it is and there surly will be no denying it!
silverface82
Certified

Postby Banker on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:22 am

silverface82 wrote:Ok,
It seems most of us have gotten way off track once again...including myself.
The reason the forum is here is to help other people.
It is not really about making a lot of money or being the big deal.
I am tired of explaining what I have learned from cross-referencing pictures.
It is time that all of you that really want to learn anything do your own research and draw your own conclusions.
If you think you can walk all over people you can't!
This information will surface sooner or later.
My intensions are not to deceive anyone!
If I really wanted to sell something for the most money the fastest I would either not include so much information or restore some parts!
Besides if I sold my amps I would not have anything to talk about as I typically am a very antisocial person.
Instead of trying to hide everything I highly recommend everyone post there amps in pictures everywhere so there is more exposure and less grey area. Like I said earlier all this information will surface you might as well just let it happen, because it is what it is and there surly will be no denying it!

The problem is Fred, that you refuse to listen to those on here who have been collecting, repairing and generally "living" vintage Marshall for two decades or more.

Your starting point is owning TWO FAKE amps. You're trying to determine their authenticity by comparing them to other FAKE amps. You refuse to take people's feedback at face value, and insist on digging yourself ever deeper into the gutter.

You then construct a website posting photos of yet more fakes, and where photos of real amps are posted you've done so without the permission of the copyright holder (i.e. me).

Then you have a "for sale" section on where you're asking $50,000 for a fake "Bluesbreaker" that's ex Joe Ganzler (serial 7003, which Joe knew to be fake), and another $30,000 for a fake 18w.

The chances of me telling you anything about 18w amps is, to put it frankly, zero.

Keep supping the moonshine.
When only pinstripe will do.
Banker
Squire

Postby silverface82 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:05 pm

I have searched high and low.
I have seen the southampton labled wire in many different marshall amps of the 60's.
Now as in this amp as well as many others.
I see pirelli labled wire.

Keep digin'
silverface82
Certified

Postby 51nocaster on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:37 am

Hello,
I have an 18W 2x10 240 and just want assistance to verify if it is original
Thank you
51nocaster
Peasant

Previous

Return to Marshall