4x12 Chequerboard w/Powercell Celestions

Hosted by Marshall Founding Father G3SDW. Discuss JTM45, JTM50, JTM100, Bluesbreaker, Super Lead, Super Bass, 200W, 100W, 50W, 20W, Plexi Panels, Metal Panels, 4x12 straight, 4x12 slant, Pinstripe, Basketweave, Checkerboard, Park, Kitchen-Marshall and Narb

4x12 Chequerboard w/Powercell Celestions

Postby Clanger on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Thought some of you might find this interesting. I've had this some 20 years, never seen another one, as far as I can see the speakers are original, and the loom being unhacked backs this up.

It has plastic handles, 9"logo, particle board back and round ally feet. I'm guessing circa '73, any one got any suggestions on that?

Incidentally I'm parting out the speakers 'cos some greenbacks are going in, so get in touch if you're interested in the speakers,.

"Please feel free to copy this information and use it to make friends and influence people at your favourite social gathering" - Doyle
Clanger
Knight

Re: 4x12 Chequerboard w/Powercell Celestions

Postby Clanger on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:28 pm

Hadn't used it for 15 odd years, so I tried it today. Actually it's pretty cool sounding, so I think I'll keep it as it is.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Celestion Powercell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml7mw8Ex ... e=youtu.be
"Please feel free to copy this information and use it to make friends and influence people at your favourite social gathering" - Doyle
Clanger
Knight

Postby parker_knoll on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:08 am

those look interesting. a Burman Pro 502 with a pair of these in just finished on ebay. do they sound quite trebly?
parker_knoll
Certified

Postby Clanger on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:30 pm

parker_knoll wrote:those look interesting. a Burman Pro 502 with a pair of these in just finished on ebay. do they sound quite trebly?

Well I suggest you listen for yourself, the previous post was a videoclip of them in action..
Clanger
Knight

Postby NOtoTHEVACCINE on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:08 am

I would leave them in there as its quite rare and just get another cab for the greenbacks
NOtoTHEVACCINE
Court Jester

Return to Marshall